Visitors 2
Modified 1-Aug-16
Created 31-Jul-16
7 photos

Deep in the Istrian interior and in the heart of the Mirna valley lies tranquil Buzet on a 151m-high hill overlooking the Mirna river. Like other towns in Istria, Buzet was once a part of the Venetian empire and bears eye-catching reminders of its days as a Venetian colony. Most of the town's monuments date from the 16th and 17th centuries. The Venetian-style Large Gate and Small Gate date from the late 16th century and the town's most outstanding monument, the Church of St George was built in 1611
SL090616 Buzet 01SL090616 Buzet 03SL090616 Buzet 04SL090616 Buzet 05SL090616 Buzet 07SL090616 Buzet 09SL090616 Buzet 11